Robinhood is a handy app where you can buy and sell stocks without commission. Apart from regular-hours commerce, the platform also allows you to trade after hours. This gives you access to tremendous benefits, such as heightened market activity and better prices. However, this feature isn’t available from the get-go, and you’ll need to enable it. This article will go into detail about buying or selling on Robinhood after hours.
Buying and Selling After Hours: Robinhood Gold
While trading after hours isn’t too complicated, it’s only reserved for Gold members, so you’ll first need to upgrade your membership. The membership costs $5 a month, and here’s how to activate it on your mobile phone:
- Press the “Account” symbol in the lower-right part of your screen.
- Press the three bars in the upper part of your display and choose “Settings.”
- Press the “Robinhood Gold” button.
The process is slightly easier in the web version:
- Hit “Account” in the upper-right part of your screen.
- Press “Robinhood Gold.”
Buying And Selling Stocks After Hours
Once you have enabled Robinhood Gold, you can now start buying and selling stocks after hours:
- Head to any stocks’ detail page. In the lower part of the screen, press the “Trade” button.
- followed by either “Buy” or “Sell.” The “Buy” button will show up automatically if you haven’t purchased the stock already.
- Type in the amount of money you wish to purchase or sell in dollars. If you want to order or sell shares, select the menu in the upper-right section. Select “Dollars” and pick “Buy in Shares” (“Sell in Shares” when selling.)
- Review the order and verify that all your information is correct. Press the “Edit” button in the upper-left part of the screen if you want to edit the order.
- Swipe up, and your order will be submitted.